Tuesday, April 17, 2012

APRIL 14










Last weekend was a fun weekend away with our married children and their spouses. Friday turned out to be a cold, rainy night, but Saturday was a gorgeous, knock-out day!! The highlight of the weekend was sitting outside with Lindsay and Kristin watching Allen and the "boys" playing frisbee and go swimming. It was very relaxing and so EASY. This is a scenario that doesn't happen very often. Amazingly enough, someone suggested a quick dip in the lake to cool off. I ran to get my camera to catch the excitement! The dip in the lake was just that - a quick in and out! We (girls) were amused (and quite impressed) at the bravado of the boys to face this challenge.

It made me glad to see Allen spending time with our adult children. It made me happy to catch up with them as well. Allen was the one-man-show at our house for over 20 years. How fun that there are as many boys as girls in the family ranks now. The best part about this last weekend was seeing our kids...all grown up, happily married and making good choices. Thanks, guys for taking the time to hang out with us!

5 comments:

barb Holmberg said...

So glad that you guys got this time away with the "married ones." And, thanks for taking pictures so I could be a "participant" as well. If I do say so myself, you have great sons-in-law:)

Bjork said...

I don't consider swimming in that lake a good choice. :) -Bman

claudia said...

ola
gostei do teu estilo descontraiso de escrever

Stephen Marks said...

I case you ever check your blog, I'm reading it so thanks

Unknown said...

Most enticing blogs I’ve ever read and this is what it should. Must be shared as well. I was really bored but your blog lightened up my day http://awriter.org/advancedwriters-com-review